Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stamp-a-faire 2013 Post 3: Tea Staining Techniques

This is my third challenge for Stamp-a-Faire, and probably the last I'll have time to post.
This one involves using household supplies to stain paper, fabric or trim. Suggested household products were coffee, tea and unsweetened Kool-aid. I went to my cupboard and found a very old box of food-coloring that hasn't seen the light of day in years. On the box are the instructions for using food-coloring to dye Easter eggs - so I followed these instructions to make up my dies. 
I am very pleased with how this turned out. I was tempted to stamp a little detail on the leaves, but in the end decided to leave them plain so they didn't detract from the focal point.  
 
Receip:
Stamps: Fillable Frames #3
Dies: Bloom Builders #3, Fillable Frames #3, Turning a New Leaf, Twist
Card stock: PTI Harves gold, Shimmer cream
Watercolor Paper: Cold press by Canson

No comments: