Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sea Shimmer

After coming to terms with a tragedy in our family over the past couple of weeks, and then oral surgery yesterday, I feel some of my mojo returning. I have several birthday cards to get done for August, and as most of them are family members, a card from my stash just won't do!

A few months ago I purchased a sampler pack of Papertrey's Shimmer card stock but until today, I had not opened it. Oh my goodness, what delights awaited me! I chose to use the one sheet of Sea Shimmer for a couple of cards right off the bat. It is simply scrumptious!  It is impossible to capture the shimmer in online photos, but here is one of two cards I created:

I love this color combo for summer - it feels very refreshing, like a cool breeze on a warm summer day.
In addition to the Sea Shimmer card stock, I also used white shimmer for the large leaf border die cut. The added butterflies are embossed with an iridescent Peacock embossing powder, which also displays a beautiful shimmer in the light. Unfortunately, my photos just can't capture the beauty of all this shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: PTI Summer Hills, Inside & Out Birthday 2
Dies: Memory Box
Ink, white detail embossing powder, card stock: PTI
Peacock embossing powder: Embossing Arts (now defunct)
Border punch: Stampin Up
Pink Bling: Kaiser Kraft

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, and I can't even get the true picture of shimmer. Sorry about your tragedy and hopefully your oral surgery recovery went well. Now I need to add shimmer cardstock to my order, too. Thanks for enabling, Steph! : )