Monday, November 18, 2013

Holiday Card Workshop 2013 #1


I love taking classes at Online Card Classes. Jennifer and Kristina are awesome instructors and bring together designers who are well known throughout the crafting world. There are always new techniques to learn and I am often reminded me of old ones I haven't used a ages.

Day One Card focused on creating insides for holiday cards, though much time was spent working on the outside as well. This is a quick card using Papertrey Ink's Winter Penguin. Isn't he just the cutest penguin ever. The new-to-me technique involved partial embossing using embossing folder, so you get a strip of un-embossing area to use for stamping.

A lesson learned:  This embossing folder was a cheapy I picked up for a couple bucks at JoAnn's. I threw it away after I made this card, as it absolutely ruined several pieces of card stock before I finally found some 110lb white that didn't rip apart getting it out of the folder. It is true what they say, all embossing folders are not created equal! (A similar Tim Holtz folder is on order...)
All products are PTI except as stated above.




No comments: